I was tagged by both Steph the Green Fairy and Laura. (When I had completed this challenge I realised I was also tagged by 1666 X 30. Thanks! Thanks to both of these lovely ladies!
1. Thank the person who tagged you to this challenge and post a link to their blog.
2. Choose five blogs with less than 200 followers and pass the challenge on.
3. Wish them to pass the challenge onward.
Pass this on if you feel like it ^.^
5 Things you need every day (apart from water, food and shelter)?
- Sleep! I sleep a lot, and am not a morning person at all. If I have to actually do something before 12pm then I consider that to be an ‘early start’. I probably need around 9-10 hours of sleep a night, if not more...
- Tea! I drink a lot of tea. My ideal cup is strong black Sri Lankan leaf tea (no teabags!) with a dash of low fat cow’s milk and no sugar. Perfect!
- Music! As a musician, I take a lot of pleasure and relaxation from listening to music. While music tends to mean a lot of hard work in practice for me, whether that is in performance or in a theory lecture (Chromatic mediants, anyone?), it can be so soothing, emotive and powerful to listen to.
- *Materialistic* Lip balm! I adore lip balm, and suffer from dry lips year round. My favourites are Burt’s Bees Pomegranate and Pink Grapefruit ones.
- Coffee! Yes, I am one of those people who love coffee and tea equally. If I had to choose between tea and coffee only I would choose tea as it is healthier and more hydrating, but I love coffee so so much. (I am currently dealing with a caffeine addiction that is not so fantastic.) I take my coffee the same way I take my tea, white with no sugar. My order tends to be just a skinny café latte, maybe extra hot, it depends.
5 books you would recommend (In no particular order)?
- Currently I am reading A Song of Ice and Fire, and while I don’t love the writing style and use of language, the author has a brilliant talent for storytelling.
- The Vampire Chronicles
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- Grimm’s Fairy Tales
- The Steampunk Bible
5 materialistic wishes for Christmas presents?
- A good quality music stand! This might seem strange for some, but currently I have a really rubbish music stand and that has been causing a lot of problems for me, including eye strain and back pain.
- A good quality tuner; for intonation, obviously.
- Lush! (Isn’t that obvious? I think it is.)
- False vampire fangs, for dress ups and photoshoots
- These, my ideal, dream shoes. They are so so amazing, but apparently the quality is a bit 'meh', hence why I haven't raced off to buy them.
5 places you'd wish to visit?
- New York
- Paris (or anywhere in France really)
5 adjectives that describe you somehow?
5 things you'd say to people about life?
- Surround yourself with the people and things you love; don’t waste your life with things you don’t like or don’t enjoy
-Stay up to date on the news and current affairs as much as you can
-There is nothing wrong with sexy
-Never underestimate the healing powers of a cup of tea
Always have consent