Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Holiday Happenings and Music Camp

Hello my dearest darling followers!

This morning (while I was awake but still in bed. That's holidays for you...) my Voltaire tickets arrived at the front door, so I'm now in a super pumped mood! XD

As I'm sure you've gathered, I'm now in the second last week of my winter holidays, and they've actually been really fun and rewarding. I spent my first week off in my home town attending a music camp that I used to attend while in high school. I also got to catch up with my dad which is something that I don't often get to do, so that was nice. This was the first time I attended since 2009, so I've been in total five years at this camp. I started in 2006, when I had only been playing flute for about 4 months (I was in the beginner ensemble then). That was so much fun and I learnt so much from working with suck amazing tutors and conductors. I was in the symphony orchestra (most advanced) on flute and learnt piccolo for this orchestra for the first time ever (well apart from once for a few minutes many years ago) which was really challenging to pick up in only one short week. I was also in the elective Senior Winds ensemble playing flute again, which was invitation-only to the most advanced students. It was also great catching up with all of the people I lost direct contact with when I moved to Melbourne.

Apart from that I've been playing too much Sims, playing flute a lot (So much technical work!!!) and trying to organise my semester 2 for uni in a couple of weeks.

I hope everyone else is having a good winter/summer as well

xxx Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment