Saturday, September 22, 2012

Makeup free

I've worn makeup almost everyday since year 6, when I was twelve. Call me a young bloomer if you want, but that's just how it was. And, no, it wasn't full face makeup, but I did try mascara a school. (Any makeup was a big no- no then)
Last year and this year I've had before school classes that start at 8:15am. I'm NOT a morning person so I really struggle to be proactive in the morning.  I know that my life would be easier if I didn't wear makeup to school but I really cannot bring myself to venture outside the house with nothing on my face. Sometimes it's just a quick smear of eyeliner, but never is there nothing. The only times that I'm without makeup completely is when I'm sleeping or sick.
Searching through my old Facebook albums, I did find a few pictures of me without makeup.

I think the reason why I don't go without makeup is largely to do with confidence. I don't have a hell of a lot of it, and makeup suits me. (Ahaha I'm such a maths nerd. I suddenly wanted to find the three little dots to mean therefore. Ahem.)
Therefore I feel confident wearing makeup.
I also believe that it is largely to do with habit. I've been doing it every morning for so long, it feels like I've missed something when I don't. Some people (including me) feel this way about perfume. I also feel this way about makeup.

(How could I have forgotten about this post until nearly a WHOLE YEAR later???)

Here is a very old photo of me when I was about ten years old!
 xxx Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment