Thursday, November 10, 2011

No more school

Yesterday was my last ever official day of school, and my high school graduation was last night. I must admit, I am so relieved to be finished with school but I didn't feel the 'rush' that I was expecting to feel. I believe that this is because my Music Performance- Solo practical exam was on Sunday, the day before yesterday, and I had been preparing for that exam for 12 months. I think I wrote about it in my previous post. Anyway, while I believe that that exam won't be my hardest exam, it is the exam that I wanted to be most successful in, as I have been studying classical music for 11 years and want to make a career out of that. Subsequently that exam certainly had the most weight attached to it, and I certainly relaxed afterwards. My dad took my brother and myself out for lunch which was nice, and he bought me a book. =)

Yesterday we had a dress up day. There wasn't a theme, but fancy dress in general. I decided to dress up as Red Riding Hood, and on Saturday, as a much needed distraction from the ever present nerves building up to Sunday, I went to Spotlight and bought some cheap panne velvet in a beautiful dark red and sewed a cloak and hood (by hand). I don't know how to use a machine, and the one that we currently have is apparently not very good. It took about 5 hours in total, which was quite efficient as it was the first article of clothing I had made from scratch, and the website I was using as reference was in inches, which makes things more difficult.

Anyway, this post has taken far too long to publish, so I'm just going to wrap it up by saying I only have one more exam to go and that is next week! I am slowly getting through this!!!


xxx Lilly

5 comments:

  1. @ James- See my email

    @ Euphoria- Thanks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Year 12. I did mine in 2009 and I still don't think I've recovered from it. =P I hope you did awesomely! Also, it's nice to meet another Melbournian goth. =D

    Faery Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faery Jay- Good to meet another Melbourne Goth. =) xxx

    ReplyDelete