Monday, August 2, 2010

Music

Ok, so after waiting for a short time, I decided to launch straight into some REAL posts. Music is a good place to start, because it's something I love. It's something everyone has some connection to, regardless of what particular genre or kind. Also, being a musician, I think I like music that similar minded musicians would also like or be able to relate to.
So, to being with... as you know, I am a musician. I play flute and piano, but not exclusively. I dabble in quite a few other instruments, but I don't take them seriously. Basically, violin, recorded, whistle, cello, viola, tenor saxophone and bass guitar have all been in my musical life at some stage. And, when I say I don't take them seriously, I don't mean that I consider them to be lesser instruments. The opposite, in fact. I feel that I wouldn't be able to put in the required effort and time to be able to seriously commit to more at the moment. I also sing a fair bit. In short, I'm a classical musician, but the music I play in no way reflects what I listen to. Of course, there is crossover, but not to a large extent.
The genres of music I CURRENTLY listen to are dark cabaret, steampunk, etheral, ambient, goth rock, gothic metal, symphonic metal... and quite a few more. This list is ever growing and changing depending on what mood I am in and what bands I have discovered.
Almost all of the musicians I listen to I have discovered via YouTube, so I must humbly thank it for being so incredibly awesome. Thankyou!!!

The musicians/ bands that I currently LOVE are (btw, it takes a fair amount for me to love some music, so this list has been composed very carefully. XD)
Voltaire- The alive one. Simply, I love his humour, and pretty much everything about his music. He would probably be my biggest music influence at the moment.
Emilie Autumn- Another one of my absolute favourites. I am proud to say that I am a PLAGUE RAT and am only too happy to spread the plague.
Dr Steel- I haven't been around his music for quite as long as the others, but he is awesome. Dr Steel for World Emperor!!!
Creature Feature- again, they have a sick sense of humour and an awesome sound.
Arcana- Neo- classical. They are so beautiful.
Diablo Swing Orchestra- Progressive metal with SWING! Is it not awesome??? These people are incredible. Their metal is actually dance-able!
Nightwish- Symphonic metal. They're pretty popular so I wouldn't be surprised if you've heard of them. However, I prefer the older singer...

That's all I can think of

xxx
Listening to
Voltaire- Hello Cruel World

No comments:

Post a Comment