I am excited for this summer in regards to this blog, as I have lots of interesting content coming up, so stay tuned for that!
If you can remember in an older post by The Green Fairy, she mentioned having won a subscription to a beauty box. We were all pretty much unanimously wishing that there was a similar beauty box that was more suitable to darker or alternative tastes. And that got me thinking, I wonder what items I would include if I had my own Gothinabox beauty box, in a jokingly serious way; legitimately these would all be my real choices. I also don't want this to be a Just-Add-Water Insta-Goth set, but rather key items that many Goths would use regularly and consider them favourites. Of course, I'm going to have to carefully skip over the logistics of a beauty subscription box, as that is not my area of expertise, and just focus on the 'what if'...
- SPF 500+ to block out any of the disastrous and icky rays of the Yellow Hurty Thing.
- Mattifying pressed powder. Because dewy, glowing, healthy 'I just spent the day at the beach' skin is not desirable.
- Liquid eyeliner in black. With a felt tip to achieve a wickedly razor sharp point.
- Blood red lip stain. To create a freshly bitten look....
- Wine coloured lip liner. To sharpen one's Cupid's Bow to a Siouxsie-approved right angle.
- Matte black eyeshadow. For smoking one's eyes and chiselling one's jaw to taut perfection.
- Extra-Strong hold Hairspray. When Regular-Strength hairspray just won't do.