Saturday, April 20, 2013

Cyber with a Drop of Pastel

Normally when one thinks of Pastel Goth images come to mind of wanky pseudo Goth dressing that is similar to Soft Grunge. I'm sure you can tell from my previous sentence that I'm honestly not too enamoured with those particular styles.
However, I have discovered a beautiful photo of a style that actually represents the words Pastel and Goth. Pastel Cybergoth!!!

http://laura-aurora.tumblr.com/post/48299516173/pastel-cybergoth

Isn't she cute? I think this is a really interesting combination of cyber aesthetics and pale colours. I adore that icy blue eye make up. It's refreshing to see a proper application of the term Pastel when referring to Goth! XD

xxx Lilly

14 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful! I appreciate nice pictures of pastel and colour goth. Goths don't have to always dress as black as their souls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right. I'm pretty boring and I tend to wear all black most days. Some colour is often refreshing.

      Delete
  2. That is stunning, nice to see paler looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very nice look! Now I just have to google Soft Grunge so I can figure out what that looks like ... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your best bet is Tumblr, but honestly you're not missing out on anything if you don't know about it.

      Delete
  4. I'm really wondering if anyone has ever seen a "pastel goth" or "soft grunge" look or any of these other Tumblr-core looks in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where I live (Melbourne Australia) they're everywhere! =( The Goth scene here has a running joke that there is actually no difference between the soft grunge folks and mundane mainstream fashion! (Because there isn't) XD We're so evil.

      Delete
  5. I met Laura last year when we were both involved in the same TV project, she's just as awesome personality-wise as she is style-wise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this the model? She's gorgeous. I'm jealous that you got to meet her! What was the TV thing? x

      Delete
  6. That looks awesome! Cybergoth is always cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete